Home > Curriculum > Subject Combination
Sec 3 Subject Combination 2022
Welcome to our Subject Combination Information Site!
In order for the students to make a more informed decision on the subjects he would benefit most from, we have put together a set of information on
1) the list of subjects offered in each stream,
2) the eligibility criteria for the pure sciences combination, pure humanities combination and elective subjects,
3) the Information of Secondary 3 subjects,
4) the information of his post-secondary education pathways.
Calendar of Events
|27 Feb 2021||S3 Subject Combination Briefing Part 1 @ S2 Parents’ Symposium|
|After MYE Exam|
(25 May 2021)
S3 Subject Combination Briefing 1 (for Students)
|7 August 2021|
S3 Subject Combination Briefing Part 2 @ S2 Parents’ Symposium
-Introduction of Subject Combination Website
20 August 2021
S3 Subject Combination Briefing 2 (for Students)
1) S3 Subject Combinations
2) Introduction of Subject Combination Website
3) Google form (submission of enquiries on specific subject or subject combinations)
4) Online sign up form (for interested students who want to take computing as Sec 3 subject to take Aptitude test and Interview during T3W9 to T4W2)
|25 Oct 2021 – 29 Oct 2021|
S3 Subject Combination Briefing 3 (for Students)
- Briefing on S3 Online Subject Combination Exercise
- Q & A sessions by IP Heads
|29 Oct 2021 – 1 Nov 2021||S3 Online Subject Combination Exercise|
|6 Nov 2021||Results Release to Students via Email|
|7 Nov 2021 – 10 Nov 2021||Online Appeal for Subject Combination|
|15 Nov 2021||Appeal Results Release to Students via Email|
|Last week of Dec||Class Allocation Results to Students via Email|
Tips for Choosing Subject Combination
It is important to take into account the following factors,
(a) His specific interests,
(b) Ability to cope with the subjects selected,
(c) Alignment with his future post-secondary options.
There is no “best” or “most prestigious” subject combination that a Montfortian should opt for. Instead, the primary consideration should be to choose a subject combination which is most ideal for himself according to his interests, aptitude and aspiration for post-secondary education.
Click on the video to watch a video talk by our ECG Counsellor, Ms. Leaw Hui Meen on choosing subject combination.
Information is accurate as at 3 Aug 2021. Any changes will be communicated through Parents Gateway (PG).