Parent Support Group
The mission of the Parent Support Group is
- recruit parents as volunteers in school to support student learning and school programmes,
- establish effective two-way communication between the school and parents about the child’s progress and school programmes,
- help parents to provide a conducive home environment to support their child’s learning,
- Provide parents with practical information to support their child’s learning at home.
OUR CURRENT PSG TEAM
Teacher Support Team
- Mr Chia Yong Koon (Teacher Coordinator)
- Ms Silver S K (School Counsellor)
- Mr Ronald Yapp (Teacher)
- Mr Danny Ng (Teacher)
- Mdm Jaya (MSF Coordinator)
PSG EXCO Team
- Mr William Seah (Chairman)
- Mdm Chan Choy Wan (Vice-Chairman)
- Ms Jenny Leong (Secretary)
- Mrs Lily Nadhiyaah (Treasurer)
Please Click HERE for the PSG Facebook Link
The following activities/events have been planned and organised in partnership with our PSG.
Our Recruitment Exercise for Sec 1 Parents during the Sec 1 Investiture Ceremony
PSG Celebrating Chinese New Year with the School
School welcoming PSG members with a Lo Hei Dinner prior to our 1st PSG Meeting at the start of New Year
Our PSG Visit to the Thye Hua Kwan Nursing Home with the School VIA Team to distribute Mandarin oranges to the residents during the Lunar New Year Festive Season
Parent Extravaganza in Term 1
- PSG members volunteered to help with the logistics such as manning the registration counter and
ushering parent participants.
For Sec 1 Parents
- A Talk on ‘Transition to Secondary Schools’ was specially arranged for Sec 1 parents to provide them with understanding about the process of adolescence, and some practical tips how they can manage these volatile adolescent years.
- They also attended a Dialogue Session with the Vice-Principal, Sec 1 Year Head and Key Personnel.
Parent Extravaganza in Term 2
For Sec 2 Parents
- Two concurrent parenting workshops “Healthy Autonomy” and “Reasonable Limits” were arranged for Sec 2 parents.
- The Principal also spoke to the Sec 2 parents on “Sec 2 Streaming & Subject Combination in 2018”.
For Sec 3 Parents
- The parents were given a choice of 2 concurrent parenting workshops as mentioned above.
- A dialogue session was conducted by the Vice-Principal, Year Head and Key Personnel.
For Sec 4E, 4NA & 5NA Parents
- Parents attended the Information Talk conducted by the Principal.
- Nanyang Polytechnic was also invited to speak to the parents on ‘JAE, EAE and PFP’.
For Sec 4NT Parents
- An information talk was conducted by the Vice-Principal and KPs for the parents.
Exhibition booths on ‘Post Secondary Education’ were set up by
5 polytechnics, ITE & School ECG Team to provide guidance and counselling for all parents.
PSG members were awarded for their outstanding contributions and services to the school during the Founder’s Day Celebration.
PSG Prawning Activity incorporating a Mini Parenting Workshop for Parents & Sons – Our Parent-Child Bonding Programme
PSG members volunteered their services in the Kindness Project of the Montfort Challenge. They helped supervise the young Secondary One Montfortians when they were distributing blessing packs to the public along the Northeast MRT Line
Our PSG support to the Hair For Hope Shaving Project, a project that our school collaborated with the Montfort Junior School to help the Singapore Children’s Cancer Foundation
Recruitment Exercise for Sec 1 parents during CCA Open House